Your easy guide to using smart lighting at home
How smart lighting is different from other lighting solutions
Today, lighting is one of the most important factors to consider for your home’s interior design. Technology has of course evolved over the years, which means you’ll find a wide variety of lighting options on the market. Whether you’re interested in halogen, CFL or LED lights, they are pretty much the same in terms of operation. In other words: get up, reach for the switch, turn off the light, and then repeat.
Smart lighting works differently. Using local networking infrastructure, smart lighting gives you a much greater level of control. Similar to other “smart” devices, these lights have built-in Wifi connectivity which allows you to operate them remotely or to program them to turn on and off at certain times of the day.
From brightness and colour to timer and energy efficiency mode, smart lighting takes your home illumination to a whole new level.
How can you install smart lights into your home?
Whilst some light bulbs allow a DIY installation, remember that they must be integrated in your home automation system. Technically, they will be connected with other smart devices that use your existing lighting infrastructure alongside smart network connected switches.
However, while you can purchase many of the components for a smart lighting solution, the law requires a qualified electrician to do any electrical work involving power lines. For this reason, engage a professional to correctly install and connect the smart lights into your home – and keep you and your family safe at all times.
What are the benefits of choosing smart lighting?
- Manage your lighting system straight from your phone or tablet, at the touch of a button
- Save money and energy, with some smart lights being around 80% more efficient than typical household light bulbs
- Adjust colours depending on your mood or event you host at home or program them to come on gradually
- Enjoy long-lasting performance – whilst a traditional bulb’s life cycle is around 1,000-2,000 hours, some smart lights last up to 15 years or 15,000 hours of use
- Be in total control anytime, anywhere using a smart app
Talk to Jaric Electrical about smart lighting installation
We love bright ideas, which is why our team is always looking to provide you with innovative solutions. We work with you and for you, creating custom fittings that match your home design, as well as your lifestyle.
If you want to install smart lighting in your home, call Jaric Electrical at 1300 452 742 and connect yourself to your dream home.