Do you want to find out which are the most reliable energy providers in Queensland in 2018? Since your AC can be significantly energy-hungry during some months, working with a good company makes a big difference. Therefore, we’ve put together the best features that popular energy providers pride themselves with.
Which energy providers are on top of Queenslanders list?
It’s said that the difference between “ordinary” and “extraordinary” is that little EXTRA. Same with the energy providers. When running your AC to its full potential, whether it’s for cooling or heating, knowing how much energy it really uses and how it affects the power bill is a life saver. That is why choosing a reliable Queensland company can make a difference in your savings account.
Based on Canstar Blue annual reviews, 6 energy providers ranked highest in the top of customers choice. The top considered factors like value for money, bill and cost clarity, tools & advice, environmental sustainability and customer service.
Source: Canstar Blue Most Satisfied Customers Energy Providers 2017/Research based on 1,500 Queenslanders interviewed
Now here are the highlights of how these companies have managed to deliver their little EXTRA to their customers.
1. Alinta Energy
- The only 5-star overall satisfaction company, exceeding expectations in categories like value for money, customer service, bill and cost clarity and focus on environmental sustainability.
- Queensland’s Home Saver Plus – a variable rate plan with a 28% pay on time discount
- No lock-in contract or exit fees
- 24 month benefit period
- 24/7 online account access with MyAccount
Alinta Energy could be a good choice for customers who aren’t too engaged with their electricity retailer. Its simple offers, competitive value and long benefit periods mean you probably won’t need to deal with your energy company all that often.
2. Click Energy
- 2nd most appreciated energy provider, receiving a 4-star overall satisfaction; awarded areas were value for money, customer service, bill and cost clarity and focus on environmental sustainability.
- Click Agate plan – a 15% non-expirable pay on time discount off usage and supply
- No lock-in contracts
Click Energy plans cater to more than 150,000 Australians and have the potential to offer great value. Having a wide range of offers to choose from, you should carefully compare them before deciding on the right one. Otherwise, you might find yourself paying a lot more for energy than you have to.
3. Red Energy
- Another 4-star overall satisfaction energy provider, awarded for customer service and bill & cost clarity
- Easy Saver – a variable rate plan with a 10% discount
- Qantas Red Saver and Qantas Red Plus – offering Red Energy customers the chance to earn Qantas bonus points
Taking into account the modest discounts, the company’s focus seems to be on competitive prices rather than unreal discounts. That is why it received a well-deserved 4-star reward by the customers that found their power bills to be transparent.
While the energy providers mentioned above have earned a place in the front line, there are a few others worthy of your attention.
Until next time, stay tuned to find out the next “finalists” based on the Queensland’s energy providers customers choice.
Your friend and AC expert,