After unveiling in our last blog some of the best smart apps to control your air conditioner, we’re back to you with the next “finalists”. Do you want to find out which mobile app is suitable for you and your lifestyle? Here they are, available in your App store or Play store, another 3 mobile apps waiting to make your life easier and your home cooler.
Nowadays, your smartphone has already replaced your calendar, calculator, alarm clock and sometimes even your professional camera. Why don’t you let it replace your traditional AC controller and work with your air conditioner to maximize your comfort? As we mentioned in our previous blog, we’ve noticed a big interest over the past 3 years in designing mobile apps for AC control. The ever-growing industry of air cons constantly looks for new ways to improve comfort and energy efficiency. Therefore, this is how the following products gained their spot in many homeowner’s smartphones.
AirPatrol Wi-Fi app
This wireless controller helps homeowners save money and energy, allowing them to manage their split AC directly from a smartphone. Technically, AirPatrol system has two parts: a smartphone app and a receiver. There are several advantages when choosing AirPatrol Wi-Fi app, such as:
- Quick and easy AC control. It uses Wi-Fi for communication between your smartphone and AirPatrol, and IR (infrared) between your air conditioner and AirPatrol.
- Energy efficiency and money saving method. You can choose to turn on or off, or adjust different temperatures for the rooms you wish to cool down. This means you end up cutting your energy bills.
- “Anytime, anywhere” control. Just connect to Wi-Fi and AirPatrol will do anything for your climate control needs no matter the time or place.
- Alerts and notification. This proves to be very useful as it informs you about power outage and even prevent domestic accidents from happening.
It is compatible with all major AC brands such as Daikin, Fujitsu, Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, LG, Samsung, etc.
Visit AirPatrol website and stay up to date with the latest deals, features and other supported air con brands.
Melissa Climate app
This technology proves to be another “not your average AC control solution”. Armed with a strong receiver and an intuitive app, Melissa Climate constantly monitors your rooms’ temperature and adjust it at your convenience – manually or automatically. Here are some key features:
- Geolocation. All you have to do is let the app have access to your current location and it will take care of the rest, the moment you walk out the office door until you arrive home at your preferred temperature
- Timers and daily schedule. You can plan – using an app setting – when to turn your AC on or off according to your needs; plus, you can define the fan speed and desired temperature for every day of the week
- Alarms. Get notifications from your AC straight on your mobile phone, such as temperature and humidity changes; you can also set lowest or highest values to trigger the alarm
- Special commands. You can personalize and add new functions to the app to fully adapt it to your AC brand or model
If you want to learn more about Melissa Climate products, their website is a great source of information.
Ambi Climate app
Similar to AirPatrol, Ambi Climate works using a cloud system. Once your AC is connected to the receiver and then to the cloud, it can be accessed from your smartphone via the app no matter where you are.
So what makes it different? Well, Ambi Climate claims to be the world’s first Artificial Intelligence enabled smart air conditioner controller, using sensors and live data to create a personalized Comfort Profile and optimally adjust your environment based on you. In this matter, the device takes everything into account: indoor conditions (temperature, humidity, occupancy and activity), as well as outdoor conditions (weather, sunlight, etc.). Ambi Climate then learns and remembers your preferences and can automatically turn on the AC as you’re heading home, all thanks to smartphone geolocation tracking.
Plus, with the help of this predictive climate control technology, you can save up to 30% on your energy bill. Get more insights about Ambi Climate here.
So don’t let the home temperature control you! No matter what smart app you choose for your air conditioner, now it’s everything under control…your smartphone control.
Until next time, remember that thermal comfort is only an app away!
Your friend and AC expert,