Top 6 reliable Queensland energy providers to use in 2018 (part 2)
After unveiling last week some of Queensland’s most reliable energy providers, we’re back to you with the next “finalists”. Do you want to find out which other companies have earned their spot amongst Australian customers’ preferences? Here they are, stronger than ever, another 3 electricity providers that intend to make 2018 the “electricity savings year”.
When it comes to energy, the Sunshine State residents have a large variety of companies to choose from. As shown in our previous blog , the Queensland energy providers made their way to the top by meeting some specific criteria. In the following lines you will find out which are the other 3 Queensland energy providers that Australian customers trust and what they have to offer.
The 4th position of the Queensland energy providers in our top 6 is held by AGL. Established back in 1837, AGL – also known as the Australian Gas Light Company – is the oldest energy provider in Australia. Operating in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia, AGL offers its customers a wide range of services. Starting with gas, electric, solar PV, hydroelectric, wind power, landfill gas to biomass power sources, it has become one of the country’s biggest energy retailers.
Points of difference
- A 3-star overall satisfaction energy provider, receiving 4 stars for its customer service and focus on environmental sustainability. At the other end, with only 2 stars, there were sections like value for money and tools and advice.
- AGL Set and Forget and AGL Savers – variable rate plans providing customers with up to 28% direct debit off energy usage charges
- 12 months benefit period
- $100 in credits for online electricity and gas switch
- 24/7 online account access with AGL Energy App
Considering the benefits mentioned above, we see AGL as a reliable company that delivers quality service to its customers. However, you will probably need to shop around if you’re “hunting” for the cheapest electricity deal possible.
5. Energy Australia
Energy Australia is our 5th Queensland energy provider company. Initially called TruEnergy, EnergyAustralia is the country’s third largest energy retailer behind AGL and Origin Energy. Today, the company is providing services to more than 1.7 million customers from NSW, VA, SA, QLD and the ACT.
Compared to other retailers, EnergyAustralia offers fewer plans, making things clear in the electricity world.
Points of difference
- 3-star overall satisfaction energy provider, being awarded with 4 stars for its customer service and bill and cost clarity. Just like AGL, it only received 2 stars for tools and advice and value for money.
- Secure Saver – a fixed rate plan that locks in your rates for 2 years, while offering a 28% discount for its Queensland customers. However, exit fees apply if you decide to end the contract earlier.
- Flexi Saver – a variable rate contract including a 24% pay on time discount from usage charges (for Queensland). Also, as the name implies, it doesn’t lock you in with any exit fees.
- Anytime Saver – despite the smaller discount (8%), you will still benefit from it regardless of when you pay your bill
- $50 credit off your first bill for online sign-up
- 1 year benefit period
Giving the 4-star bill and cost clarity review, the company’s focus on quality rather than quantity is clearer than ever. Despite the limited 1-year benefit period, EnergyAustralia often ranks as one of the cheapest electricity retailers in the country.