Choosing an air conditioner may not be the most important decision of your life but let’s admit it; we all want that special SOMETHING created to make us and our home as comfortable as possible for the years to come. Therefore, we’ve put together the greatest features that the best AC brands pride themselves with.
It’s said that the difference between “ordinary” and “extraordinary” is that little EXTRA. And this is true in the air con industry. Don’t settle for less when you can choose a trusted AC brand specially designed for your needs and preferences. Based on Canstar Blue annual reviews, we’re presenting you the top 6 air conditioner brands ready to deliver their little EXTRA right at your door step.
Granted with the “Most Satisfied Customers” award, Panasonic has been “conquered” the highest peak for the second year in a row. Producing and selling air conditioners since 1958 when the “Home air conditioner” was first introduced to the world, the company has been growing to become what is today one of the biggest electronics manufacturers in the world.
Having four types of AC in their portfolio – split-system, ducted, cassette and under ceiling – Panasonic is known for the following original features:
- ECONAVI intelligent sensor is designed to monitor the location, movements and potential absence of humans then adjusts itself to better suit new circumstances while looking for maximum energy efficiency overall. For instance, it reduces output if it detects that you’re just sitting, reading a book or watching TV as opposed to doing something active (exercising or cleaning).
- nanoe-G is an air purification system based on the ‘nano technology’ consisting of ions and radicals that protect the environment inside your home against bacteria and viruses. It is the perfect choice for those who are sensitive to chemicals as the system does not make use of any kind of chemical-based cleaning products. The company claims that the system can remove 99% of particular matter in the air, including bacteria and viruses; apart from it, there are also various levels of filtering, deodorising and dehumidifying features to explore for optimal air quality
- the inverter air con features multiple rotation speed levels of its compressor so that it can heat up or cool down a room faster during start-up, then slow down to maintain the set temperature. This means it uses less energy without affecting the speed of operation or the AC performance overall.
With all these tech-focused features and customer reviews, Panasonic brand proves how making its products the best version of themselves is the key to success in terms of customer satisfaction.
With an experience of over 45 years (and still counting), Daikin is the only brand receiving 5-star reviews in the “after sales service and support” category. This can be seen as “running the EXTRA mile” effort of a specialized and dedicated team that assures quality and comfort for its customers beyond the purchase.
Daikin features three main types of air conditioners: split-system, multi split-system and ducted. While all devices are “gifted” with high-quality components, the latest innovations are to be found in Daikin’s top of the range air conditioners. There is a (strong) reason why, such as:
- 7-star “super-efficiency” energy rating – Daikin takes pride in having created Australia’s most energy efficient split-system – the US7 model – being the top of its class. Using the R32 refrigerant, the company makes both a significant reduction in ‘Global Warming Potential Factor’, as well as a great choice for the environmentally conscious people.
- Asthma Council “Sensitive Choice” – Daikin is the only split-system brand to be recognised by the National Asthma Council Australia’s Sensitive Choice program for its air filtration and purification technology, labelled with the blue butterfly symbol. This is best suited not only for those affected by asthma and allergies but also for everyone caring about the air quality and a healthy environment.
- the backlit Wi-fi remote controller and D-mobile app – the Wi-Fi ready feature enable you to control basically everything your AC can do with a simple press of a button, starting from the countdown on/off timer, quiet mode and fresh air mode, all the way to self-cleaning filter. The direct mobile app is created mainly to facilitate the access to your air con and once your LAN equipped AC is connected to a local network, the system can be controlled anytime, anywhere and from any Android or iOS mobile device.
3. Fujitsu General
Known for its reputation to “suit just about any need”, Fujitsu General displays a very extensive range of air conditioners. It is also one of Australia’s most awarded electronics brands over the years, starting from the world’s first “Self Cleaning Air Filter” all the way to international design and energy-efficiency awards.
Fujitsu General’s range includes five main types of air conditioners: wall mounted, multi type, ceiling/floor console, cassette and ducted. Here are the main Fujitsu highlights:
- Classic, Lifestyle and Designer are the three ranges included in the brand’s most popular AC type – the wall-mounted. The Classic models are designed to be quick, efficient and easy to use, making it the most popular choice for residential air conditioning. The Lifestyle range comes with a human sensor control which increases energy efficiency and temperature control based on everyone’s personal needs and preferences. Last but definitely not least, the Designer models stand out from “the crowd” with their modern touches and appearances, winning awards for “innovative product design” and “design that enriches everyday life”.
- ECONOMATCH – is Fujitsu’s own exclusive guide to help customers make the right choice when buying an air conditioner based on their home specifications and more.
While all brands mentioned above have truthfully earned a place in the front line, there are many others waiting for you to discover their unique, outstanding features.
Stay tuned to find out the next awarded brands!
Your friend and AC expert,