After unveiling some of the newest features of top air conditioner brands in our last popular air conditioner brands reviewed article, we’re back to you with the rest of the “finalists”. Do you want to find out which special SOMETHING can complete your “wish list” for your summer cooling needs? Here they are, stronger than ever, another 3 air con brands standing right in front of you and waiting for you to discover their best features.
Please give a round of applause to…You! Without you, the loyal customer, none of the air conditioner brands would exist in the first place.
However, much of our comfort depends on the climate we live in and we all agree that Australia has a lot (of heat!) to offer. This is where technology gives us a helping hand, creating extraordinary devices suitable to a wide variety of needs and preferences, from classics you can always rely on to high-tech, smart systems that do (almost everything) for our thermal comfort.
That being said, based on the same Canstar Blue 2017 reviews, another round of applause goes to…
4. Mitsubishi Electric
One of the world’s leading names in both electrical and electronic industry, the brand firmly claims “it’s all about the quality of life”. Featuring a wide range of products for domestic, commercial and industrial use, Mitsubishi Electric focuses on five main categories of air conditioners: wall-mounted, console split-system, bulkhead, ceiling mounted and multi-head split-system.
– Econo-Cool is an innovative technology that allows airflow to be precisely directed towards the people inside a room. What is even more appealing is that set temperatures can be raised by up to 2ºC without affecting comfort in any way but on the contrary, having 20% gain in energy efficiency.
– Ultra-quiet air conditioners – most of the bulkhead and ceiling mounted models display this function; for instance, the MSZ-GE series feature some of the most discreet air conditioners in the industry, as low as 19 dB(A), a truly “whisper quiet” AC
– Wi-Fi control connects your domestic Mitsubishi Electric High Wall and Floor Mounted air conditioner to a compatible device – smartphone, tablet or computer -offering you the freedom to be in complete control of each unit anytime, anywhere. All you need is…internet connection.
– Advanced air cleaning systems – the Catechin air cleaning filter is designed to prevent the spread of bacteria and viruses, while improving the air quality. From the same category, i-See Sensor and Plasma Duo Filter System provide thorough air purification and are equipped with deodorisation filters that remove unwanted odours
Known for having produced South Korea’s first air conditioner units, LG has nowadays become the world’s no.1 selling AC brand – excluding China – according to Euromotive International Limited. With this kind of “business card”, no wonder that there seems to be a system suitable for any budget and lifestyle. Besides that, the following features caught our attention:
– Active Energy Control System – this feature allows users to set a cap on the unit’s energy consumption and, while reducing it, energy efficiency is highly improved
– Plasmaster Ioniser Plus is the maximum of air quality, as this technology generates over 3 million plasma ions which filter the air in the indoor environment and inside the air conditioning unit itself.
– Plasmaster Auto Cleaning – this function helps to reduce the formation of mould and bacteria on the heat exchanger. It can be considered a “self” health check performed on a regular basis by the device itself
– Micro Dust Filter – is an innovative technology by LG that uses electrostatic charges in order to capture microscopic particles including allergens such as pollen and dust. Together with the “auto-cleaning” function, it fights against anything that might alter the air quality
– Optimised 4 way Airflow – the LG’s own 4-way swing dispenses cool air quickly and effectively in multiple directions at your convenience. You’ll point it your way.
Waving a big “inspire the World, create the Future” flag around the world, Samsung seems to invest a lot of resources in this futuristic way of thinking. The results speak for themselves, as innovative designs and technologies keep adding to the brand’s portfolio. It comprises four different kinds of air conditioning types: wall-mounted, cassette, ducted and free joint multi-systems. Amongst them, here are some features that are worth mentioning:
– Auto Clean feature and EZ cleaning – both functions automatically keep the fan running on low speed for a bit after the AC is switched off in order to dry off the heat exchanger and prevent growth of unwanted bacteria
– Smart Efficient Control – Samsung’s own control system allows the air conditioner to automatically change its settings to better suit current weather conditions and the number of people in the room.
– Smart Inverters – come with most of the ducted systems and “empower” the unit to maintain a comfortable temperature without constantly switching the compressor on and off as other units are designed to do. They’re also incredibly powerful, with a capacity to cool in temperatures up to 50°C and heat in down to -20°C.
– Demand Response Enabled Device (DRED) ready – allow the participating energy companies to remotely control the registered air conditioners in periods of peak electricity demand. This will reduce both the strain on the grid and your household power consumption, without greatly affecting the air conditioner’s performance, while also potentially saving you money.
Now that we’ve analyzed the top air conditioner brands main highlights, we hope you will make the best decision and together live comfortably ever after. Let us know what air conditioning brand you like best!
If you still have questions, call 1300 452 742 our friendly team today and get expert advice, high quality products and outstanding workmanship in your home or business.
Until next chapter, stay cool and make smart decisions!
Your friend and AC expert,